Sunday, August 8, 2010

Two Years of Wedded Bliss

Tomorrow, I will have been married to my best friend for 2 years. Wow! These past two years have been amazing. I always heard people say that the first two years of marriage is the hardest but they have been nothing less than great. We didn't even really have the "growing pains" I heard people talk about. We just really like hanging out with each other, talking about everyday things, and learning together. Well more like me learning from dave. He is alot smarter than I am. I am really excited for him to start pharmacy school in a few weeks so I can study with him and review all the stuff I learned a couple of years ago. Anywho, we plan on celebrating the night at Carrabba's. I think we have made this kind of a tradition. The day after our wedding, before we left for the Dominican Republic, we went to Carrabba's and then decided to go last year for our anniversary. So it looks like we will be going tomorrow night for a great dinner!

One thing we recently began doing is reading the Bible through in a year. To be quite honest I have never read the entire Bible all the way through. Our daily readings are in chronological order. So far we have read part of Genesis and then jumped over to Job. I am learning so much and I wish I would have done this sooner. I am learning so much about my Creator, my God, my Savior. He makes Himself so real through His Word and I am learning so much about His character.

Dave and I have also been researching the benefits of juicing. Yes, that's right, juicing. We have watched several documentaries and read up on the topic. It's a great way to consume the appropriate amounts of fruits and vegetables for the day. By juicing, you are able to consume all of the nutrients that the fruits and vegetables have. Whereas when you cook your veggies, you are cooking out all of the good nutrients they have. Fresh juices are a tremendous source of enzymes. In fact, the "freshness" of juice is one of their key features, because enzymes are destroyed by heat. Since fruits and vegetables are juiced raw, the enzymes are still viable when you drink the juice. Also by juicing, it aids in the initial digestion of your food so your body can use the good stuff better and gets absorbed more efficiently. During the juicing process, indigestible fiber is removed and this allows the nutrients that would be "trapped" if eaten as a whole fruit/veggie, to be released when juiced. So instead of getting a small percentage of the nutrients, you get 100% of the nutrients from the food. Today was our first day trying the process and it was actually quite simple. For breakfast we had juiced two apples and 6 carrots. This made about 8-9 ounces of juice for each of us. For lunch we had juiced 2 tomatoes, 4 celery stalks, 2 carrots, and 1 whole cucumber together. This also made about 8 ounces of vegetable juice for the both of us. Its actually really cool and definitely curbs your appetite.

Here is a pic of our juicer:



I have 2 more weeks here in Tampa and then I will be back home. Dave will be heading home in about a week to start preparing for classes and going to orientation in Jacksonville and in Gainesville. Time for him to start jumping through all the UF College of Pharmacy hoops. :) I remember those days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment